With this app, I was able to find all of the hidden gems on my trip and it guided me right to them with ease.Sean ShockleyiTunes review
Unusual travel suggestions on your iPhone.
The Best Road Trip Ever iPhone app contains almost 10,000 unique, handpicked offbeat destinations, including enticing eateries, great folk art sites, Route 66 highlights and other roadside distractions in one easy-to-use app. Any app can give have a phonebook listing of what’s in the area, Best Road Trip Ever offers handpicked offbeat attractions that make taking the back roads a lot more fun. Perfect for Route 66 aficionados, road trippers and photographers – anyone who loves to get in the car and explore.
The app easily pinpoints the person’s exact location on the road, making it easy to check out what’s nearby with thousands of photos and tons of stories. People won’t find the “typical” spots found on most travel apps – no run-of-the-mill fast food joints (unless they have a UFO or giant being on the building).
- Roadside attractions across all 50 states.
- 600+ of the “World’s Largest” and Muffler Man sightings
- Over 4,000 roadside attractions, offbeat museums and unnatural wonders
- 900+ folk art sites, galleries and museums
- More than 4,000 favorite local eats and classic diners…(including ones from favorite TV shows)
- Almost 3,000 historic markers to get a feel for the history of the area.
iOS: Daniel “DP” Phillips, Bret Pudenz
Design: Kelly Ludwig, Cameron Calder, Dave Stewart
Copy: Kelly Ludwig, Joe Baehr
Photography: Kelly Ludwig and user contribution